Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Life on the rollercoaster

That's what it feels like in my head anyway. Jaadii looks halfway decent, then Jaadii looks like crap.

I can feel his ribs. He's so uremic (toxins in his blood from renal failure) that I can smell the ammonia in his breath. He's barely eating, and it's a constant labor (of love) for me. I was eating scrambled eggs for breakfast and he was looking interested, so I scrambled some for him. He took a bite or 2, then walked away. He took a couple of bites of Rollover at breakfast time and pretty much ignored the roasted chicken bits in there. He ate some toast with my breakfast this morning. This afternoon he's eating bites of dog biscuits, the cheapest yuckiest one's I've found.

He's definitely slowing down, and I'm seeing more sadness in his eyes. Then I'll turn around and he's chasing his tail. I don't know what to do. I'm off to the dog shows tomorrow, so no posts till at least Sunday night.

I love this dog, this is one of the most difficult demises I've witnessed.


Creative Commons License
Doggydad's Life Now: The Viral Monologues by Parry Tallmadge is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at doggydad.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.runnymedesilkys.com.

<>

No comments: